tisdag 13 juli 2010

Change habits … Advance…I

Hypothesis: To change habits and habitual thinking is nearly impossible, at least very difficult. That’s the real enemy to every type of change. The easiest way to change something is to consult a shrink or a therapist. The more educated and the older the more rigid.

Thoughts can be transcendental i.e. they can be transformed into practical actions. There are many ways to advance, and to get multiple benefit from it. I would like to become a coach of some sort, I imagine that, that would benefit my beloved ones very much. Here are som other examples.

Suddenly, without any warning whatsoever pcs might implode, crash, in a twinkle everything’s gone with the wind. My USB-memories backup the computer hard disk and the Word files I write before I copy them to my blog. Analogically, my own blog helps me to express my thoughts, ideas, modes of reasoning ... it’s a sort of personal backup…

Advance…instead of harping on the same old string… whatever harping there is. For instance learn to bargain and negotiate professionally before, before it’s really urgent. Sooner or later that skill will be needed.

I have discovered a great step to improve: I have finally decided to read "Getting to yes, negotiating agreement without giving in" By Roger Fisher and William Ury. I regret now I didn't read it long ago. There are several books by those gentlemen worth reading to get down to essentials. The effect of those books may be a beginning or continuation to reprogramming of the personal BIOS. Those genuine books are some sort of chemistry for crib-biters…!

Old people are nearly always right. Curiosity disappears with age, that’s for sure? Old people seldom expose others to embarrassment and they have learned the difficult art of social competence. For instance how to tell foreigners to pay heed to something or to inform them about interesting places, events etc...

Ref. See the book The Fall by Albert Camus.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar